5 Şubat 2013 Salı

My Visit to Paradisus Palma Real

To contact us Click HERE
Last month, my husband & I snuck away to Punta Cana. It was time. I hadn't been in over 5 years and so much changes in the travel industry in 5 years. 
Our first hotel stay was at the Paradisus Palma Real. The best way to sum up our experience here is that we had not been this pleasantly surprised or found a hotel that exceeded our expectations to this level... in years. 

It was fabulous!
The hotel is well planted and very lush. You are forced into a deep relaxation as you wander the stone paths... the gardens are quiet and peaceful.

We didn't have an ocean view and our room was the only minor disappointment of the trip. While it was nice in size, next time I'll pay more and upgrade to the Reserve or the Royal Service Section for a more comfortable stay.
There are 7 dining options in the main hotel, 3 more in the Reserve, and 1 in the Royal Service. I'm not going to spend time on this blog trying to explain the different inclusions - drop me a line if you want the full scoop on that.

Our favorite meal was at Passion by Martin Berasategui. This restaurant carries a $40 surcharge - but is well worth it. The 7 course meal was one of the BEST meals we've ever had, far better than we expected. In fact, we felt most of the food on property was above average for an all-inclusive. 
Even though we weren't staying in a VIP section, we did have VIP bracelets so I could try all of the dining options. The food is superior in the Reserve restaurants & at Gabi Beach so I do recommend staying at a room level where these options are included. 

Below is the pool at Gabi Beach. We spent our days on the beach, lunch at the Gabi beach restaurant (superb!) and our afternoons cooling off in this pool. Perfection! 

I loved the architecture of this hotel. Not too over-done, not too colonial, impeccably clean... just right.

{I want these little windows in my next house - such a neat design.}

The main courtyard was a great place to unwind anytime of day... but I particularly enjoyed this space in the evenings before or after dinner. The pillars you see below are actually light fixtures and fill the entire area with a soft glow. To the left of this photo, and off-camera, is a little coffee station serving top shelf Illy brand beverages. Go for a frozen iced coffee and ask for a shot of kahlua or baileys for any instant chill on hot afternoons.

And now to my favorite part... the Yhi Spa & Fitness Center. I always exercise on vacation. It's not worth it to me to give up my normal healthy routine on vacation. If so, I always feel terrible and it takes weeks to get back on track. Plus, the more exercise I get on vacation, the more I let myself indulge. It's a win-win! 
We used the Fitness Center in the Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real. The Reserve is set back behind the main hotel, in a lush tropical garden setting. The open air room below is where the classes are held... they offer everything from Yoga, Kickboxing, Spinning, Pilates and more. Aquiles was our instructor for Yoga - and he was amazing! 

The indoor area of the Fitness Center was fantastic too! All equipment was top of the line and in perfect working condition. The entire fitness space was very clean. 

The Spa... is a must! Resort Spas are hit or miss in my book. I think all of us have really high hopes when booking our vacation spa treatments, but are often disappointed. Not here! 
The Yhi Spa at Paradisus Palma Real is one of my favorites in the Caribbean. After a morning of exercise, it was the perfect respite before heading to the beach. My husband and I both took part in the hydrotherapy circuit, or water ritual, and found it to be the ultimate in relaxation. Who knew that manipulating water into these different avenues could make a body feel so good? The hydro circuit is free to guests staying at the VIP level and available at a nominal fee to all other resort guests.

The outdoor showers were fantastic! 

The entire spa area was modern, clean, and very user-friendly.

Overall, we really enjoyed our stay at Paradisus Palma Real

We hope to return soon...

{see more of my photos here}
Please contact me if you would like a quote on booking your own vacation to Paradisus Palma Real.
Cheers,

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder