4 Kasım 2012 Pazar

The Haunting of Rose Hall Great House

To contact us Click HERE
I don't care what anyone says... Rose Hall Great House is haunted. I'm not going to speculate if it is Annie Palmer, the White Witch herself or some of her unhappy workers - or both. But someone still calls this place home...
I've waited six months to share this post with you. Halloween Week seems fitting...

I love history, even the dark and tumultuous tales that come from the Caribbean. The more colorful, the better. If a story creates a vision in my mind, I can easily connect the past to the present and gain a deeper respect for the region.
When I was staying at the Ritz Carlton Rose Hall in April, I couldn't resist finally touring the Great House. We left the cool sea-breezes of our oceanfront suite behind and went on the 4PM tour. 
The air around the Great House was noticeably still. Even though the house sits high on a hill, perfectly poised to take in every breeze. But no. Not on this day. It was hot, I had a baby on my hip and I was tired, so the crooked angels of my photos can easily be justified. But not what I captured in my photos. We'll get there in a minute...
The Great House is grand and beautiful. Very well preserved considering all it has been through, the battering of wind and sea spray for hundreds of years, a fire, and more...

It is not without obvious examples of the laborious tasks required to maintain such a large estate... 

The painting in this next photo is a highlight of the tour. No matter where you stand to view the painting, Annie is staring at you. The painting speaks to the troubles that were present in Annie's personality when she was just a nanny and before she started killing off her husbands. Look at how she is grasping the child!

Here's where the tour got a little strange. We were in an upstairs bedroom. Again, the heat, the sun, no breeze, the baby on the hip... 
I couldn't stop staring at this small mirror hanging on the wall between two of the windows. I snapped and snapped... 5 photos total. {you should be able to click on the photos to enlarge them}
  
Then I handed my camera to my older daughter because the baby was restless. She was standing just behind me and took THIS photo.... If you noticed in the other photos, the wall behind us was solid, nothing hanging on the wall, no doorways visible, just plain wall and other members of our tour. So what is this?!? 

Some say the mirror looks like it is cracked and that there is a lady's face showing in black & white. 
What do YOU think?

If you want to find out, you too may tour the Rose Hall Great House. Click here, and select "Montego Bay" from the list of options in Jamaica. 
In April, I heard they were doing tours at night by candlelight... but we had fussy twins to consider and couldn't imagine leaving them with a sitter. The night time tour wasn't necessary... the haunting here happen at all hours. It looks like the night time tours have been cancelled... I wonder why

Annie, Annie? Are you in there?

Here are a few more photos from my tour. 
Happy Haunting! 

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder